This week has proved to be somewhat on the busy side.
On Wednesday Dan went for a walk with his Dad and Stepmam, Jos to the Chilterns. In the evening, they came back to Reading and took us our for dinner. After a big conflab about where to eat (the walkers had eaten a rather big lunch and weren't feeling too hungry) we decided on Tapas so headed off to one of my favourite restaurants, La Tasca
When the food
finally arrived, the table was packed, with every spare inch filled with delicious food. We had;
- chicken in white wine & garlic sauce
- caserole of lamb in white wine, potatoes, mustard & peppercorns
- fried potatoes sauteed with onions red & green peppers
- chorizo sausage pan fried in red wine
- grilled pork loin marinated with paprika & garlic, served on toasted bread
- toasted bread topped with smoked salmon & cream cheese served with fresh lemon
- meatballs served with vegetable and tomato sauce
- a selection of cured Spanish meats
- squid coated in batter, deep fried & served with garlic mayonnaise
- and some bread and olives
All of it was very yummy! After dinner, we said goodbye and headed back home, via the local
for a quick nightcap.
On Thursday night, we invited Skene
over for a few drinks and some dinner before he heads off on his "holiday". Johnson
and Georgie came too. After scoffing a deliciuous dinner of lasagne, washed down with 3 bottles of wine, we headed off to the local
. 3 house double gin & tonics later we returned home for more drinking and chatting. At 1.30am I gave up and went to bed, leaving Dan & Skene to carry on.
Friday morning came far too soon. Not a good idea to start work at 8.00am!
We had no plans for Friday night this week and boy was I glad! Greasey food was calling us so we naughtily went to the Istanbul Grill
for kebab and chips! The rest of the evening was spent either in front of the TV or the computer. At 11.30pm I completely gave up and went to bed where I was asleep within seconds...