Well, I’m now in the last year of my twenties!
Had a great birthday weekend which started on Friday night with drinks in town with Debbie & Jason. On Saturday, I was spoilt rotten by Dan. Whilst I showered, he gathered all my cards and presents in the front room and finally revealed my birthday cake which he’d made on Friday while I was at work. A very yummy chocolate fudge cake hand-decorated by Dan :o)
I’d already had my birthday present from Dan (Elton John concert) but he bought me some flowers, made my cake and generally spoilt me rotten!
After a BLT brunch we wandered into town to enjoy the sunshine and spend some of the money I’d received as gifts.
We were out in town for a total of 5 hours, 2 of which were spent in the Slug although we couldn’t get a table outside so enjoyed the air conditioned inside and cooled off. The other 3 hours were spent browsing and buying and Dan didn’t complain once.
When we got home we’d found we’d just missed Debbie & Jason who had left me a present on the garden table. They came back about 15 minutes later and we sat in the garden eating cake and drinking champagne.
Then, it was time to get ready for dinner. I dressed in one of my new purchases and off we headed to La Tasca. Dinner was yummy as usual and we pigged out on 7 dishes and a jug of sangria:
- Pollo y Limon - boneless chicken thighs cooked in white wine, lemon juice and thyme
- Patatas Riojana - fried potatoes and chorizo sautéed with onions, red and green peppers
- Albondigas a la Jardinera - our famous meatballs served with vegetable and tomato sauce
- Costillas de Cerdo - pork spare ribs in a tangy sauce
- Gambas Gabardina - king prawns deep fried in our special batter, with garlic mayonnaise
- Cordero en Salsa -casserole of lamb with wine, potatoes, mustard & peppercorns
- Pan Fresco - fresh bread, served with extra virgin olive oil and sherry vinegar
After dinner Dan took me to my favourite bar – Sahara Bar for some after dinner cocktails.
Sunday was a busy day. Debbie, Jason, George, Richard & Johnson were coming for dinner so we spent 5 hours in the kitchen cooking up a mammoth curry feast.
And next weekend we’re off to the races at Newbury!